Our workshops and individual counseling sessions are designed to help your employees understand and weigh the financial implications of each option available to them. We outline the decisions they must make and motivate them to take action.
Whether the subject matter is expected to be received by employees as “good” or “bad” news, our consultants will customize workshops to deliver the message in clear, easy-to-understand terms, based on specific objectives and needs. In recent years, we have presented the following subjects:
- Pension Plan Conversions (Defined Benefit to Defined Contribution or Cash Balance), Freeze or Termination
- 401(k) Plan Design Changes (automatic enrollment, annual increase, new investment lineup, Roth 401(k))
- Company Stock Elimination or Reconsideration
- Voluntary Early Retirement and Separation Programs, Plant and Office Closures
- Combating Competitor Recruitment (clarifying and valuing compensation and benefits programs)
Our education offering includes a wide variety of relevant topics, each fully integrated with employer-specific retirement benefits and compensation programs, as appropriate. Our current curriculum includes:
- Retirement Planning 101 and Planning Your Financial Future
- Plan for Tomorrow (a full-day, pre-retirement workshop for employees age 45+)
- Investment Strategies: Basic and Advanced
- Tax and Estate Planning
- Buying Your First Home and Refinancing Your Mortgage
- Planning for College, Managing Credit & Debt, and Risk Management
- Retirement Distribution Planning
- Financial Strategies for Foreign Nationals
- Non-Qualified Plan: Evaluating the Opportunity and Enrollment
- One-on-One Counseling (Financial Triage)
PFE’s deep knowledge of employee benefits, compensation programs and especially retirement plan design, administration and investment structure, allows us to construct financial education programs in very unique ways.
PFE’s goal is to teach employees what they need to know about personal finance, not all there is to know. We teach how to make financial decisions and implement financial actions to reach personal goals.
We teach employees the skills, provide them with tools, and motivate them to take action. Our presenters have a minimum of 20 years of financial planning expertise and stay current on all financial topics.