Terri Bolden Ward, CFP®MANAGING ADVISER
Terri Bolden Ward established her career in financial planning and investments in 1997. With over 20 years’ experience, she has developed an integrated approach to financial planning, which is to consider everything the client wants to accomplish today while helping them remain focused on the future.
After spending the last eight years as an Investment Adviser Representative with another Investment Advisory Firm, Terri wanted to expand her ability to serve as her clients' most trusted adviser. Prior to joining United Capital, she established Richland Advisory, LLC to create a unique firm where the primary purpose is offering unbiased, objective advice based on each client’s specific financial goals. She continues to accomplish this at United Capital by leveraging the latest integrated technology, investment research and financial guidance strategies, while always providing a personal commitment to serve the clients' long-term needs.
Terri's role as Managing Adviser is to listen to her clients' goals, personally analyze their unique situations, then offer planning solutions that not only incorporate what the clients know they want but also what they may not realize they need.
Terri's clients typically fall into one or more of these categories:
- They are successful professionals or business owners who lack the time, expertise or desire to manage their financial situation with the same dedication and energy they devote to their career
- They have financial products, but no unbiased adviser who has the responsibility of coordinating an integrated financial plan that aligns all of the client’s objectives
- They are seeking guidance because their situation has become more complex, often due to a crossroad in life: change in job, birth or adoption, impending retirement or inheritance
Within this approach, Terri is committed to:
- Put the clients' interest first
- Keep all client information strictly confidential
- Take complex financial planning issues and explain them in a straightforward, unbiased manner
Terri was born and raised in Nashville, Tennessee, and graduated from Brentwood Academy. She attended Georgia Tech on an athletic scholarship where she graduated with honors, earning a Bachelor of Science in Management with certificates in Finance and Economics. During her Division-I athletic career, Terri was named to both the Athletic and Academic All-ACC Teams.
She completed Belmont’s CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ program and became a CFP® practitioner in 2003.
In addition, Terri is a former board member of the National Association of Women Business Owners and a member of the Financial Planning Association. Terri and her husband, Jon, have two children and reside in Brentwood, Tennessee. In her free time, Terri enjoys teaching Sunday school class, playing tennis, biking and attending her children’s athletic events.