Welcome to United Capital Palm Desert
Experience wealth management, reimagined.
Get clarity and control over your financial life — and focus on living the life you really want. See how we help you do it.
Erik JensenManaging Director
Phil TannerWealth Manager
Dave SmithDirector of Operations
Rick MatchamRelationship Manager
Veronica MacMillanAdministrative Manager
Erik Jensen, CFP®
Erik is the Managing Director of the United Capital Palm Desert office. Prior to joining United Capital, Erik was founder and President of Jensen Wealth Advisors and built a wealth management firm focused on trust and integrity with an emphasis in high-touch, meaningful relationships with our clients.
Founded Jensen Wealth Advisors in 2000.
- Earned the CFP® certification, the leading mark of financial planning, in 1995.
- Exclusively serves successful families and businesses with comprehensive wealth management
- Active in local charities, including the Coachella Valley Rescue Mission
- Established a charitable fund to benefit local and national charities
- Graduated Salutatorian from Indio High School, 1985 - Captain and All-American in swimming and water polo
- Graduated Cum Laude (Government) from Claremont McKenna College in 1989 - Captain of league champion swimming and water polo teams
- Insurance license # 0769750
Erik lives in Bermuda Dunes with his wife, Anna and two kids. He enjoys hiking, traveling, reading and loves his Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
Phil Tanner, CRPS®
Phil joined Jensen Wealth Advisors in 2015 and is now a Wealth Manager with the United Capital Palm Desert office.
- Born and raised in the Coachella Valley
- Graduated from Palm Desert High School in 1999, where he was captain of the soccer team
- Earned his bachelor's degree from Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN
- Spent 10 years in the insurance industry before joining Jensen Wealth Advisors in 2015
- Insurance License # 0I24570
Phil lives in Palm Desert with his wife, Amber and their two sons, Jack and Bradley. He is an outdoor enthusiast who loves sports, hiking and taking his dog, Hannah, on long walks.
Director of Operations
As the Director of Operations, Dave is responsible for coordinating the firm's systems and client services as well as keeping the firm's technology up to date and running efficiently.
- Joined Jensen Wealth Advisors, now United Capital, in 2001
- Earned the nickname The Bulldog for his willingness to go the extra mile
Dave lives in Palm Desert with his wife, Lindsey, and their two children. He spends his free time watching Lakers basketball, honing his computer programming skills and loves to get away to the beautiful beaches near San Diego.
Rick has been involved in financial services for over 16 years. His wide-ranging experience in the field adds to the first-class experience that our team strives to provide our clients.
- Joined Jensen Wealth Advisors in 2012
- Is primarily responsible for client securities trades and risk allocation reviews
- Graduated Salutatorian from Indio High School, 1982
- Graduated Cum Laude (Psychology) from UCLA in 1987
Rick lives in Palm Desert. He enjoys reading and serves as a club officer in Toastmasters International.
As Administrative Manager for the United Capital Palm Desert office, Veronica is responsible for creating a unique and memorable experience for clients, both in the office and at special events. She assists in many aspects of the team's operations helping to provide a higher level of service to each client.
- Joined Jensen Wealth Advisors in 2009 as a Client Relationship Manager
- Over 20 years of office management experience
- Began career in the legal industry assisting attorneys in a wide variety of legal matters
- Experience in building client loyalty
- Strives to provide exceptional customer service
- Offers high-level administrative support
- Along with her husband, Rick, she is an owner and helps operate Certified Smog & Automotive Repair, in business for 15 years
- Volunteers at Sacred Heart School & Xavier College Prep High School
Veronica was born and raised in the Coachella Valley. She, Rick and their two kids enjoy spending time together here at their desert home, summer getaways to their cabin in the mountains or visiting friends at the beach.
Start the conversation
36921 Cook St, Suite 101
Palm Desert, California 92211
Securities offered through Cetera Advisor Networks LLC (“Cetera”, doing insurance business in CA as CFGAN Insurance Agency), member FINRA/SIPC. Investment Advisory services offered through United Capital Financial Advisers, LLC (“United Capital”), an investment adviser registered with the SEC. Cetera is under separate ownership from any other named entity. Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA's BrokerCheck.